Book Title: An Introduction to Consultee-Centered Consultation in the Schools: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Process and Skills (Consultation, Supervision, and Professional Learning in School Psychology Series)
Release Date: 2014-01-16
Author: Jonathan H. Sandoval
- Becoming a School Consultant: Lessons Learned (Consultation, Supervision, and Professional Learning in School Psychology Series)
- Consultation Across Cultural Contexts: Consultee-Centered Case Studies (Consultation, Supervision, and Professional Learning in School Psychology Series)
- Lost at School: Why Our Kids with Behavioral Challenges are Falling Through the Cracks and How We Can Help Them
- Help for Billy: A Beyond Consequences Approach to Helping Challenging Children in the Classroom
- Child and Adolescent Psychopathology
- Child and Adolescent Psychopathology: A Casebook, 3rd Edition
- Consultee-Centered Consultation: Improving the Quality of Professional Services in Schools and Community Organizations (Consultation, Supervision, and ... Learning in School Psychology Series)
- Psychological Consultation and Collaboration in School and Community Settings
- Theory and Cases in School-Based Consultation: A Resource for School Psychologists, School Counselors, Special Educators, and Other Mental Health Professionals
- " Solution-Focused Counseling in Schools"
Drawing on historical writings about mental health consultation and on contemporary research and theory, Jonathan Sandoval lucidly explains the consultee-centered approach to consultation. The book provides an expert foundation on which to build a training program for future school-based consultants. Written for graduate students in school psychology, counseling psychology, special education, and social work, this book is an invaluable resource for mental health professionals working in schools who wish to upgrade their professional skills and grow as reflective practitioners. Individual chapters describe different stages in the consultation process; outline the processes characterized in each stage; detail useful consultant skills; review pertinent research; discuss the ethical principles underlying practice; and suggest self-monitoring questions for student consultants.
Featuring a step-by-step developmental model of the consultee-centered consultation process, this book encourages consultants to prioritize those characteristics that contribute to a consultee’s work difficulty, in addition to assessing the client more generally. By detailing this unique approach, this concise volume provides an applicable, contextualized, and strategic form of consultation, and fosters a professional-to-professional relationship distinguishable from supervision, counseling, therapy, coaching or other methods.